MTV Base has added new names to this year’s performer lineup at MTV EMA. Record-breaking artiste, Calvin Harris will perform on theMTV EMA stage for the first time ever. Other new performers include the breakthrough Brit, Charli XCX, electro-pop songstress Kiesza and the UK rock duo, Royal Blood. The news was posted across the artiste’s social media accounts this morning.
- Calvin Harris has been nominated in the Best Electronic and Best UK & Ireland Act categories.
- Kiesza has been nominated for Best New, Best Video for Hideaway, Best Push and Best Canadian Act.
- Charli XCX has been nominated in the Best Push and Best New categories.
- International rock breakthrough of the year and MTV PUSH act for October Royal Blood are set to take the MTV EMA stage.
- Global hip hop superstar Nicki Minaj is set to host the 2014 MTV EMA.
- Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran and Nicki Minaj have been previously confirmed to perform at the 2014 MTV EMA.
- British rock legend Ozzy Osbourne will be honoured with the Global Icon Award and will be in Glasgow to accept his award.
- Fans can vote now for their favourite artists across all 2014 MTV EMA categories at mtvema.com. Voting will close on 8 November 2014 at 11:59pm CEST.
- For artwork, press assets and further information please visit press.mtvema.com.
The MTV EMA – MTV’s global celebration of the hottest stars in music – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show. The 2014 MTV EMAmarks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland, and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland.
The 2014 MTV EMA will broadcast live from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Sunday 9 November at 9PM.
Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers for the 2014 MTV EMA.