• The Lear 36 Executive Jet reportedly struck
a crane at the Grand Bahama Ship
Yard, exploding on impact and crashing into
• Two of the dead have been named as Dr
Myles Munroe, the leader of Bahamas Faith
Ministries, and his wife Ruth
• The passengers were on their way to an
event in Freeport being hosted by
• Nine people are dead after a private jet crashed as
it approached the island of Grand Bahama on
• The Lear 36 Executive Jet had taken off from the
Bahamian capital of Nassau and crashed while
attempting to land around 5pm local time in
Freeport, according to a statement from the
Ministry of Transport and Aviation.
‘The Department of Civil Aviation has been advised
unofficially that the aircraft was destroyed and that
there were no survivors,’ the ministry said.
Two of the dead have been named as Dr Myles
Munroe, the leader of Bahamas Faith Ministries
(BFM), and his wife Ruth, reports Tribune 242 .
The passengers were on their way to the Global
Leadership Forum hosted by the BFM, an
organization that Munroe, 60, founded.
The identities of the other people on board have not
yet been confirmed.