17 People Confirmed Dead In Burkina Faso Terror Attack

Burkina Faso

Seventeen people have been confirmed dead while eight were wounded in a “terrorist attack” in the centre of the capital of Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou.

According to eye witnesseses, they stated that three gunmen opened fire on customers seated outside a restaurant.

According to Communication Minister Remis Dandjinou, Security forces killed three of the attackers, but some people are still trapped in the building.


No groups has claimed responsiblity for the attack but there are rumours that one of the affiliates of al-Qaeda that are active in the Sahel region, but Dandjinou said it was unclear how many assailants had been involved.

“They are confined to one part of the building they attacked. Security and elite forces are conducting an operation,” he said on television.

The shooting began at night on Sunday on Ouagadougou’s busy Kwame Nkrumah Avenue.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *